Posted 1 year ago
To wrap and pack customer purchases in a neat and attractive manner that allows for ease of carrying items.
- Packs customer purchases in neat and attractive manner ensuring customer satisfaction and quality standards are met.
- Serves customers by transporting their purchases to their vehicles in an efficient, timely and courteous manner.
- Assists customers in locating items within the store and ensuring shoppers questions are answered accurately.
- Provides information on the proper use of key items as required and based on customer request.
- Maintains the highest standards and consistency in terms of hygiene, legality, health, safety and environment ensuring clean facilities.
- Reports maintenance hygiene and hazard issues to promote quality standards of the store and be environmentally aware.
- Supports the Kitchen and Warehouse in packaging goods in accordance with safety and quality standards.
- Packages perishable goods for dispatch to cold storage locations within the store in a timely manner, ensuring attractiveness of display.
- Executes other related duties as assigned.
Internal: Store Staff, Store Management, Kitchen Staff
External: Customers, Contractors and Suppliers
- Three (3) CXC General Level Passes
- A minimum of (2) Two years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in the Supermarket Industry.
Knowledge of: Functions of Packaging, Sales Appeal, Shelf Life of Goods, Types of Packaging Materials, Use of Paper, Mesh, and Plastic bags, Standardization of packing customer goods for dispatch and delivery
- Communication (oral & written)
- Service Excellence
- Time Management
- Technical and Professional Skills
- Attention to detail, requires being careful and thorough about details, recognising the impact of actions
- Results oriented, requires establishing and maintaining challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Ability to use applicable information technology and systems to meet work needs.
- Ability to engage and connect with patrons respectfully and in accordance with core service standards
- This job operates in a Supermarket/Restaurant environment. This role routinely uses standard supermarket and kitchen equipment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 50 pounds.