PURPOSE: To perform the physical and administrative tasks supporting the receiving, storing, distribution and shipping of goods. Receives incoming materials, unpacks and checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices. Verifies quantity and conformance of materials to stated identifications rejecting unsatisfactory items where necessary. Maintains records of received goods, packing sheets, and other documents using an Inventory Management System. Stocks and distributes materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines. Lifts heavy items and may operate material handling equipment such as pallet jacks etc.
- Receives and verifies the accuracy and conditions of each shipment. Performs all stock keeping functions for electronic components, chemicals, machined parts, and other related materials and verifies against copies of purchase orders or other records.
- Verifies all related documentation for being accurate and up to date.
- Receives requisitions for items in stockroom, secures correct materials, and issues to requesting department.
Qualifications and Experience
- Five (5) CXC General Level Passes
- Two (2) years experience in a customer service position
- Experience in the Supermarket industry