FRONT STORE SUPERVISOR
To assist in maintaining the facilities of the store for visitors, patrons and staff in order that they are kept in a safe and clean operating condition; and that the store is presented to the highest standard. Maintaining a preventive cleaning program; and resolving immediate operational and/or safety concerns.
- Keeps all the facilities and resources clean and tidy, including dealing with incidents and accidents promptly and efficiently.
- Assists with the careful movement and storage of all furniture and equipment throughout the facility.
- Works as part of the team offering support with broader front of store duties as required and maintain and manage accurate maintenance/cleaning records where required.
- Responds to cleaning requests in a timely and friendly manner. Keep the relevant staff updated of progress and seeking to resolve matters in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Reports larger maintenance concerns to Supervisor, highlighting any health and safety issues as a priority and as well as issues that directly impact our visitors.
- Assists in monitoring and/or controlling cleaning records and/or supplies to ensure the safety and proper use of the store’s cleaning equipment and materials.
- Cleans and inspects gallery equipment and work areas to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Attends training sessions and work with the crew to ensure each aspect of the job is understood.
- Works with subordinates successfully displaying productive working methods with professional and disciplinary habits.
- Ensures that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining store standards and all other aspects of customer service.
- Responds courteously to all customer questions and complaints and work hard to ensure that the customer feels satisfied after any interactions.
- Documents out of stock and waste items following departmental procedures, ensure department sanitation, cleanliness and safety standards are met.
- Performs other duties.
Internal: Leadership and Management Teams, Sub Committees of the Board, All Departments.
External: Customers, Professional bodies, government authorities and regulatory bodies, suppliers/contractors and External Consultants.
- School Leaving Certificate or Two (2) CXC Subjects (General or Basic)
- A minimum of (2) Two years’ experience in a similar role.
- Supermarket and Restaurant experience
Knowledge of: Health and Safety Regulations.
- Communication (oral & written)
- Service Excellence
- Time Management
- Technical and Professional Skills
- Attention to detail, requires being careful and thorough about details, recognising the impact of actions
- Results oriented, requires establishing and maintaining challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks
- Ability to use applicable information technology and systems to meet work needs
- Ability to engage and connect with patrons respectfully and in accordance with core service standards
- This job operates in a professional restaurant/supermarket environment. This role routinely uses standard equipment and materials to clean commercial kitchens, shop floors and restaurant floor.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move products and supplies, up to 50 pounds.