Performs the physical and administrative tasks supporting the receiving, storing, distribution and dispatch of goods. Receives incoming materials, unpacks and checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices. Verifies quantity and conformance of materials to stated identifications rejecting unsatisfactory items where necessary. Maintains records of received goods, packing sheets, and other documents using an Inventory Management System. Stocks and distributes materials in inventory lines. Lifts heavy items and may operate material handling equipment such as pallet jacks etc.
- Receives goods and verifies the quality and count of all items unloaded trucks and trailers; checks against suppliers count and immediately reports discrepancies to carriers, supervisor, and purchasing officer per company policy.
- Maintains shipping records for requested categories including goods returned and returnable pallets.
- Participates in inventory activities including preparing lists of items needed, counting inventory, organizing storage in warehouse (pallet racks, coolers, and freezer) and market (shelves, coolers, bins), posting needed signage so that merchandise is easily stored and located, completes warehouse and store resets in accordance with food safety requirements.
- Stacks and unstacks large quantities of goods onto shelves or pallets safely and in accordance with stipulated timeframes.
- Moves return goods from storage areas to loading areas for transport in a timely manner.
- Unloads deliveries and safely relocates the goods to their designated storage areas.
- Ensures that forklift driving areas are free from spills or obstructions to meet safety guidelines and avoid accidents and incidents.
- Checks forklift equipment for faults or damages regularly: reports findings to ensure safety procedures are met.
- Uses industrial plastic wraps and wooden pallets to safely stack and package goods for storage.
- Keeps up to date on health and safety requirements and forklift operating procedures.
- Selects and gathers products to pack grocery carts after reviewing daily cart items with the Cashier.
- Transports packed carts to clients’ cars in accordance with guidelines provided.
- Assists the Supervisor/Manager with organizing the pantry or warehouse areas in accordance with relevant guidelines
- Executes other related duties as assigned.
Internal: All Departments.
External: Suppliers and Vendors
- Three (3) CXC General Level Passes
- Permit for operation of forklift highly preferred
- A minimum of (3) Three years’ experience in a similar role
- Background in grocery store or warehouse inventory/merchandising or related experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be 25 years or over
- Defensive Driving Certificate will be an asset
Knowledge of: Warehouse procedures, Merchandizing, Warehousing Tools and Equipment, Operating a forklift, Packing and stacking merchandize
- Communication (oral & written)
- Service Excellence
- Time Management
- Technical and Professional Skills
- Attention to detail, requires being careful and thorough about details, recognising the impact of decisions
- Results oriented, requires establishing and maintaining challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks
- Ability to use applicable information technology and systems to meet work needs
- Ability to analyse and recommend improvements in inventory, collect and interpret information, apply criteria, and make recommendations
- This job operates in a supermarket/restaurant environment. This role routinely uses standard warehousing tools, equipment, and vehicles
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; lift items, walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move products and supplies, up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work shift, evenings, and weekends