Receives goods and verifies the quality and count of all items unloaded from, trucks and trailers; checks against supplier’s count. Verifies and records all items unloaded to warehouse or various departments in the store or restaurant. Prepares relevant paperwork on goods receives and submits to relevant authorities in accordance with stipulated timeframes.
- Receives goods and verifies the quality and count of all items unloaded from trucks and trailers; checks against suppliers count and immediately reports discrepancies to carriers, supervisor, and purchasing officer per company policy.
- Maintains records for requested categories including goods returned and returnable pallets.
- Maintains database of carrier data to ensure that customer orders are updated and that appropriate billing documents are provided to accounting or other associated departments as required.
- Notifies supervisor of major discrepancies, over-shipments, or substitutions.
- Completes information on damage claims for in-transit damage.
- Manoeuvres forklifts safely in busy environments to ensure safety and security standards are met.
- Stacks and unstack large quantities of goods onto shelves or pallets safely.
- Moves return goods from storage areas to loading areas for transport in a timely manner.
- Unloads deliveries and safely relocate the goods to their designated storage areas.
- Ensures that forklift driving areas are free from spills or obstructions.
- Checks forklift equipment for faults or damages regularly: reports findings to ensure safety procedures are met.
- Uses industrial plastic wraps and wooden pallets to safely stack and package goods for storage
- Keeps up to date on health and safety requirements and forklift operating procedures.
- Executes other related duties as assigned.
Internal: Leadership and Management Teams, Sub Committees of the Board, All Departments.
External: Professional bodies, government authorities and regulatory bodies, suppliers/contractors and External Consultants.
- Three (3) CXC General Level Passes
- Permit for operation of forklift highly preferred.
- A minimum of (3) Three years’ experience in a similar role
- Supermarket/Retail experience
- Experience operating a Forklift in a warehouse environment
Knowledge of: Warehouse Procedures, Receiving and Checking Goods, Offloading Goods, Forklift Operations
- Service Excellence
- Communication (oral & written)
- Planning and organising
- Time management
- Technical and Professional Skills (Operating a Forklift)
- Attention to detail, requires being careful and thorough about details, recognising the impact of decisions
- Results oriented, requires establishing and maintaining challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks
- Ability to use applicable information technology and systems to meet work needs
- Ability to analyse and recommend improvements in inventory, collect and interpret information, apply criteria, and make recommendations.
- Ability to drive a forklift safely within confined spaces.
- This job operates in a restaurant/supermarket environment. This role routinely uses standard supermarket warehouse equipment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear.
- The employee must consisently lift or move products and supplies, up to 50 pounds.