Responsible for creating an aesthetically pleasing shopping environment through the display and placement of merchandise. Performs a variety of operational tasks to support the execution of merchandise handling. Establishes a replenishment process and all aspects of visual presentation within the store, setting up floor displays, mannequin presentations, window displays, instructing teammates in merchandising and housekeeping.
- Plans, organizes, supervises and participate in daily warehouse operation and activities, including the receipt, documentation, storage, safety and distribution of equipment and supplies and maintenance of inventory.
- Trains, supervises and evaluates the performance of assigned warehouse employees; assign workloads to warehouse workers.
- Supervises the processing of requisitions and requests to invoice for reimbursements of warehouse codes; complete requisitions for needed materials to assure adequate stock levels.
- Monitors the sales histories of various products to maximize efficiency of retail space.
- Identifies trends and makes sales predictions based on product popularity, past sales data, industry trade publications and information gained by attending product shows.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of records and logs and prepares reports as required; maintains inventory of items in the warehouse; file records as required.
- Monitor automated warehousing system; operate a computer to enter data, correct errors and control key screens as required.
- Operates and demonstrates use of specialized warehouse equipment as necessary; assure proper and routine maintenance and servicing of warehouse vehicles and equipment.
- Plans aesthetically pleasing, yet functional displays to entice and appeal to guests making it easy for customers to locate and obtain self-serve items.
- Develops the store Planner and Visual Merchandising Handbook and trains all Merchandizers in accordance with standards policies and procedures
- Ensures all merchandise is stacked and presented according to Company standards and has weight and price stickers.
- Ensures that all product displays are full and organized and all shelves, bars, pegs and/or other fixtures are off the floor and counters every evening.
- Develops ideas or plans for merchandise displays and windows and ensure that all product is off the floor and hung up, and each bar is organized by merchandise style.
- Changes and rotates face outs and ensures displays are properly merchandised per Company guidelines.
- Cooperates in ensuring that the workplace is safe for everyone and takes reasonable care to ensure that nothing is done to endanger self or others or cause avoidable damage to the environment.
- Demonstrates adherence to the Company’s health, safety, security and environmental policies and procedures by exhibiting the required behaviours.
- Executes any other related duties as assigned.
Internal: Leadership and Management Teams, Sub Committees of the Board, All Departments
External: Professional bodies, government authorities and regulatory bodies, suppliers/contractors and external consultants.
- A BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university in Merchandizing or Marketing or related.
- A minimum of (3) five years of supervisory duties in a warehousing/merchandizing environment.
Knowledge of: Warehouse Management, Supply Chain Management, Procurement Policies and Procedures, Stock Management, Merchandizing Management, Inventory Control, Lean Techniques, Product Display, Visual Displays
- Communication (oral & written)
- Problem Solving
- Business Acumen
- Service Excellence
- Planning and Organizing
- Relationship Management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Technical and Professional Skills
- Attention to detail, requires being careful and thorough about details, recognising the impact of decisions.
- Results oriented, requires establishing and maintaining challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Ability to use applicable information technology and systems to meet work needs.
- Ability to analyse and recommend improvements in Merchandizing collect and interpret information, apply criteria, and make recommendations.
- Proven management skills with the ability to optimise team performance and development
- Highly developed inter-personal and communication skills coupled with the ability to negotiate and influence at all levels within the business
- Ability to build, lead and motivate a skilled team able to meet objectives and agreed targets
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.