Posted 1 year ago
PURPOSE: Provides support with ordering, receiving, stocking, and display of produce, maintaining department cleanliness and providing excellent customer service to customers/members, coworkers, and vendors. Additionally, Produce Clerks may assist will cashiering, breaking front-end staff, and gathering orders for Curbside Pick-up and/or delivery as needed.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining Store standards, solid product knowledge, explaining store policies and procedures concisely, maintaining an awareness of all promotions and advertisements, and all other aspects of customer service.
- Respond promptly and courteously to all customer questions and complaints and work hard to ensure that the customer feels satisfied after any interactions.
- Maintain working knowledge of produce items being carried by the department, anticipating seasonal changes, and being able to comfortably discuss products with customers.
- Receive product deliveries, ensuring order and invoice accuracy in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Stocks, rotates, merchandises, and faces product according to department procedure and maintains back-stock areas according to departmental standards, catalogs and codes invoices, separate special orders, updates and files paperwork.
- Document out of stock and waste items following departmental procedures, ensure department sanitation, cleanliness, and safety standards are met.
- Assist Grocery Clerks with ringing up customers, break coverage, and other duties to assure adequate register coverage during busy times
- Assist with gathering orders for Curbside pickup and/or delivery as needed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Five CXC General Level Passes
- Two (2) years experience in a customer service position
- Experience in the Supermarket industry