Coordinate the receiving, storage, staging, and distribution of all Perishable Foods (includes produce, dairy, and frozen food product). Checks for compliance with health and safety standards and other regulations for all perishable foods.
- Coordinate the accurate and timely receiving of all perishable food products
- Executes bin storage areas to maximize capacity, minimize product handling, and ensure product temperature requirements are met
- Supports the order selection process for all produce and frozen foods, and ensure orders are picked on time, accurately and with quality product
- Prepares and maintain schedule for staging and delivering orders
- Track inventory scrap due to spoilage and unmet quality standards
- Maintain accurate physical inventory counts on perishable foods
- Manages employees including performance management, training and development, workflow planning, and interviewing/on-boarding.
- Partners with Procurement Manager to review inventory counts and monthly picking schedule to accurately forecast perishable needs
- Collaborates with Health and Safety department to identify and remedy safety concerns
- Updates process flows and creates standard operating procedures (SOP’s)
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree Inventory Management or another relevant degree
- Three (3) years experience in a Supervisory position within an inventory management environment
- Experience in a multi-temperature distribution environment and managing perishable food inventories.