Provides support with ordering, receiving, stocking and display of produce, maintaining department cleanliness, and providing excellent customer service to customers/members, coworkers, and vendors. Supports with Cashier duties, breaking front end staff, and gathering orders for Curbside Pick-up and/or Delivery as needed.
- Organizes items on shelves, removing expired products from displays, assisting customers in their daily shopping needs and bagging customer purchases.
- Responds promptly and courteously to all customer questions and complaints and work hard to ensure that the customer feels satisfied after any interactions.
- Maintains working knowledge of produce items being carried by the department, anticipating seasonal changes, and being able to comfortably discuss products with customers.
- Receives product deliveries, ensuring order and invoice accuracy in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Stocks, rotates, merchandises, and faces product according to department procedure and maintains back-stock areas according to departmental standards, catalogues and codes invoices, separate special orders, updates and files paperwork.
- Documents out of stock and waste items following departmental procedures, ensure department sanitation, cleanliness and safety standards are met.
- Maintains store standards, solid product knowledge, and explains store policies and procedures concisely, maintaining an awareness of all promotions and advertisements and all other aspects of customer service.
- Assist with collating and dispatching orders for Curb side Pick-up and/or Delivery as needed.
- Executes other related duties as assigned.
Internal: Kitchen, Warehouse, Restaurant and Supermarket Shop Floor Staff
External: Suppliers and Contractors
- Five CXC General Level Passes
- Permit for operation of forklift highly preferred.
- A minimum of (3) Three years’ experience in a similar role.
- Supermarket experience
Knowledge of: Perishable Food Handling, Packaging and Staging Perishables, Quality Standards for handling produce, Customer Service Standards, Products and Produce sold in the store
- Communication (oral & written)
- Planning and organising
- Service Excellence
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Technical and Professional
- Attention to detail, requires being careful and thorough about details, recognising the impact of decisions
- Results oriented, requires establishing and maintaining challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks
- Ability to use applicable information technology and systems to meet work needs
- Demonstrates a strong sense of hygiene, cleanliness and commitment to quality and safety
- This job operates in a professional kitchen environment. This role routinely uses commercial kitchen equipment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move products and supplies, up to 50 pounds.