Responsible for creating recipes, ordering ingredients, and coordinating baking schedules. Required to bake products that meet the highest quality, freshness, and safety standards. Assists in the management and guidance of junior staff. Maintains high standards of hygiene. Prepares, cook and assemble menus aligned to client environment and centrally driven menus.
- Produces and replenishes bakery products; handling them with care to maintain quality and freshness.
- Creates new and tasty baked food items using approved recipes in accordance with the organization’s safety and quality standards.
- Ensures that products are of a consistently high quality and meet the organization standards for presentation to the customer.
- Manages needed supplies and inventory levels to ensure that stock levels are maintained at the required standard.
- Performs quality checks on ingredients and finished products to ensure all standards are met.
- Develops bakery plans and schedules the work of the bakery in accordance with set timeframes.
- Delivers training sessions and check on the team to ensure they understand each aspect of the job.
- Works with subordinates and lead them successfully into productive working methods by setting an example and modelling the way.
- Complies with company standards concerning food production, food presentation, food handling, controlling procedures and the kitchen sanitation and health program.
- Ensures that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining store standards.
- Leads in the demonstration of solid product knowledge, explaining store policies and procedures concisely, maintaining an awareness of all promotions and advertisements and all other aspects of the organization’s services.
- Responds courteously to all customer questions and complaints and works hard to ensure that the customer feels satisfied after any interactions.
- Receives product deliveries, ensuring order and invoice accuracy in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Documents out of stock and waste items following departmental procedures, ensure department sanitation, cleanliness and safety standards are met.
- Executes any other related duties as assigned.
Internal: Leadership and Management Teams, Sub Committees of the Board, All Departments.
External: Customers, Professional bodies, government authorities and regulatory bodies, suppliers/contractors and External Consultants.
- Five CXC General Level Passes
- Recognized Associate Degree in Culinary Arts with a Specialization in Pastry
- Valid Food Badge
- A minimum of (3) Three years’ experience in a similar role.
- Restaurant and Bakery experience
Knowledge of: Menu Development, Recipe Development, Safety and Security in a Kitchen and Restaurant Environment, Stock Management, Food production standards, Training and Development
- Communication (oral & written)
- Problem solving
- Planning and organising
- Relationship Management
- Service Excellence
- Time Management
- Technical and Professional Skills
- Attention to detail, requires being careful and thorough about details, recognising the impact of decisions.
- Results oriented, requires establishing and maintaining challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Ability to analyse and recommend improvements in the kitchen and menu, collect and interpret information, apply criteria, and make recommendations.
- Strong vendor relationship management and the ability to build a powerful network to support the objectives of the organization
- Utilizes excellent organizational, time-management, and problem resolution skills in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to manoeuvre around the sales floor, stockroom and office and gain the respect of staff, suppliers, and other stakeholders
- Ability to work within with quality control, and production control standards
- This job operates in a professional kitchen environment. This role routinely uses commercial kitchen equipment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear
- The employee must occasionally lift or move products and supplies, up to 50 pounds.