Responsible for serving customers fresh meat products. Receives and stores meat sent to the establishment. Unloads meats and places them in the coolers for resale. Portions meat, prices the portions, displays products, and checks product quality.
- Transports meat storage stock to stock as per allocations safely and in accordance with quality standards.
- Supports building store displays and unloads merchandise, packs meats to ensure attractiveness in display.
- Rotates perishable merchandise and pulls out of dated products, escalates issues pertaining to meat quality.
- Engages in cleaning and sanitization of meats and ensures meat preparation and room sanitation meet health, safety and quality standards.
- Prepares and places meat cuts and products in display counter to appear attractive and catch the shopper’s eye.
- Labels, and prices cuts of meat in accordance with store policy and standards.
- Receives, inspects, and stores meat upon delivery to ensure excellent meat quality.
- Estimates requirements and order or requisition meat supplies to maintain inventories.
- Records quantity of meat received and issued to cooks and keeps records of meat sales.
- Keeps storage areas at maximize capacity, minimizes product handling, and ensures product temperature requirements are met.
- Engages shoppers courteously and in accordance with the company’s service excellence standards. Answers customers questions and be prepared to upsell on other products.
- Tracks inventory scrap due to spoilage and unmet quality standards.
- Collaborates with Health and Safety department to identify and remedy safety concerns.
- Executes any other related duties as assigned.
Internal: Leadership and Management Teams, Sub Committees of the Board, All Departments.
External: Professional bodies, government authorities and regulatory bodies, suppliers/contractors and External Consultants.
- Three (3) CXC Ordinary Level General Subjects
- Recognized Food Safety Certification.
- Food Badge
- A minimum of (3) three years’ experience.
- Experience in multi-temperature environment and managing perishable food
- Equipment experience including use hand tools and lifting heavy items
Knowledge of: Meat preparation techniques, Food safety and sanitation controls, sales and selling techniques, Meat packaging techniques, meat storage techniques, meat display techniques
- Communication Skills
- Time management
- Service Excellence
- Technical and Professional Skills
- Attention to detail, requires being careful and thorough about details, recognising the impact of decisions
- Results oriented, requires establishing and maintaining challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Ability to use applicable information technology and systems to meet work needs.
- Ability to analyse and recommend improvements, collect and interpret information, apply criteria, and make recommendations.
- Ability to cut and pack meats and answer questions on all types of meats sold in the Store
- Ability to engage and connect with patrons respectfully and in accordance with core service standards
- This job operates in a professional kitchen environment. This role routinely uses commercial kitchen equipment.
- Regularly exposed to very cold temperatures
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move products and supplies, up to 50 pounds.