Manage the receiving, storage, staging, and distribution of all Perishable Foods (includes produce, dairy, and frozen food product). Ensures compliance with health and safety standards and other regulations for all perishable foods. Responsible for full-cycle inventory management of produce and partners with the Inventory Manager for an inventory of dairy and frozen foods. Provide backup support for Dry Products as needed.
- Oversee the accurate and timely receiving of all perishable food products
- Organize bin storage areas to maximize capacity, minimize product handling, and ensure product temperature requirements are met
- Maintain procedures and processes that ensure 100% product rotation according to date and quality-driven parameters
- Monitor the order selection process for all produce and frozen foods, and ensure orders are picked on time, accurately and with a quality product
- Partner with the Transportation Department to develop and maintain a schedule for staging and delivering orders
- Provides training and information to Operation team members on perishable product procedures (including quality checks, products extensions, etc.)
- Control and track inventory scrap due to spoilage and unmet quality standards
- Maintain accurate physical inventory counts on perishable foods
- Manages employees including performance management, training and development, workflow planning, and interviewing/on-boarding.
- Full-cycle inventory management of produce (receiving, product storage, order selection and staging, and distribution). Responsible for daily inventory tracking, reviewing outgoing orders and invoices for partner agencies, and submitting verified orders to Agency Services for billing
- Partners with Procurement Manager to review inventory counts and monthly picking schedule to accurately forecast perishable needs
- Collaborates with Programs Department to ensure successful distribution of fresh foods
- Partners with Safety Manager to identify and remedy safety concerns and champions weekly safety meetings
- Develops and evaluates process flows and creates standard operating procedures (SOP’s)
- Regularly reviews and actively forecasts labor needs in conjunction with operations management
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree Inventory Management or other relevant degrees
- Five (5) years of Managerial experience in the Supermarket Industry
- Recognized Food Safety Certification will be a definite asset
- Experience in a multi-temperature distribution environment and managing perishable food inventories. Customer service experience strongly preferred. Equipment experience including use of forklift (propane and electric), electric pallet jacks/riders (4ft and 8ft) is required. Understanding of Inventory principles; ability to work effectively with designated Computer software; ability to perform basic mathematics with strong spatial relations and conceptual capabilities; ability to adapt to varied work requirements and be flexible.