PURPOSE: responsible for merchandise strategy, vendor relationships and execution of new product development for all departments within the store. Leads the merchandising team to develop product assortments for each season and serve as the communication lead between Product Development and Marketing. Engages in product development and identification of new products and services linked to brand innovation and new product packaging.
- Drive business through early planning and Merchandise Strategy. Build impactful assortments for all Collections in partnership with Team and General Manager.
- Oversees Merchandise Planning to determine key items and buys based on historical performance and current business data.
- Provide merchandising direction in partnership with Visual Merchandising and Design Team.
- Prepare seasonal roadmap for Product Development and Marketing Team.
- Lead cost targets and pricing structures with recommendations to vendors/team.
- Oversee vendor communication, sampling and sample approval.
- Ensure sampling and production are executed in accordance with accurate and concise direction.
- Partner with the team on trend analysis, inspiration and market research for new product development as well as competitive analysis.
- Drive Visual Merchandising Strategy in collaboration with Marketing Lead and Visual Merchandising Teams.
- Collaborate efforts with Marketing Manager to ensure jewelry, packaging and merchandise efforts are cohesive and are on-par with brand initiatives.
- Direct and identify retail and wholesale merchandise price points.
- Coordinate with Marketing teams to recommend and unveil new products to the store.
- Lead the research and development on new concepts and brand innovation, lead team with analytics based on facts.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree Merchandizing, Economics, or other relevant degrees
- Five (5) years of managerial experience in a merchandising environment
- Experience in the Supermarket industry