Responsible for serving customers fresh meat products. Receive and store meat sent to the establishment. Unload meats and place them in the coolers for resale. Duties include portioning meat, pricing the portions, displaying products, and checking product quality.
- Transport storage stock to stock areas.
- Open cartons and price items.
- Stock store shelves as per tag allocations.
- Support building store displays and unloads merchandise.
- Rotate perishable merchandise and pull the out-of-code products.
- Clean and ensure meat preparation room sanitation.
- Observe policy for every department.
- Follow safe food handling procedures.
- Learn procedures offered for sale in Meat Department.
- Meet customer requests by getting items from Meat Department counters.
- Check meat and seafood products rotation paying attention to expired stock.
Qualifications and Experience
- Three (3) CXC Ordinary Level subjects including Mathematics and English
Effective interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Takes initiative, friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player,
- Sound judgment/decision-making skills
- Ability to work in cold temperatures