PURPOSE: Responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the store, including product availability and pricing. Manage the staff and customers, train new employees and schedule rosters for shifts.
- Manage all staff working in the front store to ensure delivery of exceptional service to shoppers
- Keep records of expenditure, sales figures, and employee performance.
- Evaluate the supply and availability of stocks and profit margins.
- Implement measures to avoid stock damages, theft, and wastage.
- Monitor shelves stocks and product displays, and the general appearance of the store to ensure cleanliness, safety is up to standard
- Investigate market trends and offer products that would appeal to customers.
- Address customers’ requests, comments, and complaints to ensure exceptional outcomes and customer satisfaction
- Motivate employees to meet and exceed targets and offer exceptional service to shoppers.
- Train new staff members and scheduling shifts.
Qualifications and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, financial management, or equivalent qualification is preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in a supervisory capacity at a retail store, or similar.
- Extensive experience with preparing budgets, and financial and expense reports.
- In-depth knowledge of product and consumer trends, and marketing strategies.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in dealing with employees and customers.
- Competency in retail management software, such as AIM and NetSuite.
- Proficiency with spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with applicable labor laws, and retail health and safety standards.