PURPOSE: Provides expertise, management and oversight of all day-to-day culinary operations. Oversees daily menus, food safety production, and presentation of food, inventory management, cost control, adherence to the national food sanitization regulations and proper use of necessary kitchen equipment. Organizes, directs, coordinates team members and resources of the restaurant in the best interests of the company. Provides efficient, well-prepared, and profitable service of food, beverages and ensures a positive reputation of the establishment.
- Ensures daily quality, consistency, and adherence to culinary standards in accordance with company policy and procedure
- Prepares budget and runs the kitchen in accordance with budget and reducing waste
- Manages kitchen personnel and supervises all culinary-related activities.
- Estimates food consumption, selects and supports recipe development.
- Executes production recipes to ensure consistent quality, establishes presentation technique and quality standards.
- Plan menus and collaborate with other managers to develop, coordinate, and identify cost-effective service and pricing strategies.
- Ensures culinary equipment is properly operated and maintained. Meets preventive maintenance schedules and equipment care standards
- Oversees staff and develops staffing roster for shift and special events or high-traffic times.
- Maintains the highest standards and consistency of quality control, hygiene, legality, health, safety and environment ensuring clean facilities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in culinary arts or equivalency.
- A minimum of five (5) years of leadership experience as a high-volume Chef and Culinary Management.
- Knowledge of food and hygiene regulations and knowledge of food allergies and intolerances.
- Culinary and Food safety certification desirable.
- Valid Food Badge