PURPOSE: Leads the Financial Management portfolio of the organization and oversees the financial transactions of a company. Implement general finance functions for the Supermarket. Develop financial reporting, capacity and systems. Develops budgets, monitors transactions, and prepares financial reports.
- Manage the efficient operation of the Supermarket’s accounting function according to agreed procedures.
- Provide financial management information to and directly advise the management team of the financial position of the organization
- Monitor accounting procedures and resolve any problems, including the ordering, processing and payment for all goods and services provided to the organization; the operation and regular reconciliation of bank accounts; and preparation of invoices, collection of fees and other dues, and recovery of bad debts.
- Prepare final accounts and liaise with auditors in connection with the School Fund account.
- Manage and train staff, conduct performance appraisals, and motivate direct reports to meet and exceed performance standards
- Take an active role in relevant projects related to finance: obtaining quotes, advising staff of best value. Create and implement financial policies to guarantee operational efficiency.
- Oversee the preparation and planning of budgets.
- Ensure financial records are kept up to date with the latest transactions and changes.
Qualifications and Experience
- ACCA Level III Completion
- A minimum of five (5) years’ leadership experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of financial regulations and accounting processes.
- Effective use of ICT and other specialist equipment.
- Full working knowledge of relevant policies/codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation.
- Outstanding analytical and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.