PURPOSE: The cashier collects payments by accepting cash, check, or charge payments from customers and makes changes for cash customers. Responsible for Balancing cash drawer by counting cash at the beginning and end of the work shift.
- Registering sales on a cash register by scanning items, itemizing and totaling customers’ purchases.
- Resolving customer issues and answering questions.
- Processing return transactions.
- Itemizing and totals purchases by recording prices, departments, taxable and nontaxable items; and operating a cash register.
- Entering price changes by referring to price sheets and special sale bulletins.
Qualifications and Experience
- Three (3) CXC General Passes including Mathematics or Accounts and English Language
- Two (2) years’ experience in a similar position within the retail industry
- Very strong computational skills
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication and customer service skills