Posted 1 year ago
PURPOSE: Prepare larger wholesale sections of meat and break them down into smaller portions or custom cuts that can be sold to customers. Break down meats, design signs and displays, and speak to customers to answer questions and handle requests.
- Cut, trim, bone, tie, and grind meats, such as beef, pork, poultry, and fish, to prepare in cooking form.
- Prepare and place meat cuts and products on the display counter to appear attractive and catch the shopper’s eye.
- Wrap, weigh, label, and price cuts of meat in accordance with store policy and standards
- Receive, inspect, and store meat upon delivery to ensure excellent meat quality.
- Shape, lace, and tie roasts, using a boning knife, skewer, and twine.
- Estimate requirements and order or requisition meat supplies to maintain inventories.
- Record quantity of meat received and issued to cooks or keep records of meat sales.
Qualifications and Experience
- Three (3) CXC Ordinary Level General Subjects
- Two (2) years meat cutting experience
- Ability to use hand tools, stand or walk for extending periods, lift heavy items, and work in cold environments.
- Knowledge of meat preparation techniques and cuts.
- Strong communication, task management, and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation controls.