PURPOSE: Performs a variety of clerical/secretarial and administrative support duties to support the department/organization. Plan meetings, open, sort and route mail; maintain records and files; perform routine accounting duties and generate a wide variety of documents utilizing appropriate software.
- Maintains file register and filing system in keeping with established systems and procedures.
- Receives, records, sorts and routes incoming and outgoing correspondence and other documents.
- Composes and issues routine correspondence; also prepares drafts of more complex correspondence and reports of meetings, conferences, etc. as directed.
- Orders, issues, and maintains an inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Files memoranda, letters, reports and other documents.
- Attends to queries and ascertains the business of callers and visitors and guides them accordingly.
- Operates standard office equipment such as photocopiers, scanners, facsimile machines and binders.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of working experience.
- Minimum five (5) CXC/GCE O Level passes including English Language and Mathematics.
- Intermediate Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to compose and prepare documents such as letters, memoranda, minutes and reports
- Ability to learn assigned tasks of limited complexity and variety readily.
- Ability to make arithmetical computations.