PURPOSE: Responsible for creating recipes, ordering ingredients, and coordinating baking schedules. Required to bake products that meet the highest quality, freshness, and safety standards. Assist in the management and guidance of junior staff. Maintain high standards of hygiene. Prepare cook and assemble menus aligned to client environment and centrally driven menus.
- Producing and replenishing bakery products and handling them with care to maintain quality and freshness. Create new and tasty baked food items
- Ensure that products are of consistently high quality and meet the organization standards for presentation to the customer
- Manage needed supplies and inventory levels to ensure that stock levels are maintained at the required standard
- Perform quality checks on ingredients and finished products to ensure all standards are met.
- Develop bakery plans, and schedule the work of the bakery in accordance with set timeframes
- Hold and/or arrange training sessions and check on the crew to ensure they understand each aspect of the job
- Work with subordinates and lead them successfully into productive working methods by setting an example with professional and disciplinary habits.
- Comply with company standards concerning food production, food presentation, food handling, control procedures, and the kitchen sanitation and health program.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 3 years leadership experience within a bakery environment
- Recognized Degree in Culinary Arts with a Specialization in Pastry
- Food Safety Certification would be a definite asset
- Good planning skills and detailed oriented
- Ability to work with team members and solve problems
- Valid Food Badge