Responsible for serving customers, stocking goods, sorting ingredients, taking orders, answering phones, restocking supplies and cleaning kitchen areas. Prepares pans and measure ingredients so that bakers can easily access the materials needed. Ensures that goods on display are fresh, disposes of items that are past-date, kneads dough and prepares bulk orders for customers.
- Cleans, cuts and cooks’ food items according to menus, special dietary or nutritional restrictions, or numbers of portions to be served.
- Bakes, prepares and packages baked goods in accordance with company, statutory and safety standards.
- Cleans and inspects gallery equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Apportions and serves/displays bakery products for ease of access to patrons.
- Proactively approaches customers, assist them in locating products, provides suggestions for meal solutions, and answers any questions they may have about products.
- Provides excellent service and answers customer questions to promote understanding and clarity of products.
- Produces and replenishes bakery products; handling them with care to maintain quality and freshness.
- Ensures that products are of a consistently high quality and meet the organization standards for presentation to the customer.
- Ensures needed supplies and inventory levels to ensure that stock levels are maintained at the required standard.
- Performs quality checks on ingredients and finished products to ensure all standards are met.
- Follows the bakery plans and adheres to schedules to meet set timeframes.
- Attends training sessions and works with the team to ensure each aspect of the job is understood.
- Complies with company standards concerning food production, food presentation, food handling, controlling procedures and the kitchen sanitation and health program.
- Ensures that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining store standards, having solid product knowledge, explaining store policies and procedures concisely when required.
- Maintains an awareness of all promotions and advertisements and all other aspects of the business to promote excellent customer service.
- Responds courteously to all customer questions and complaints and works hard to ensure that the customer feels satisfied after any interactions.
- Receives product deliveries, ensuring order and invoice accuracy in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Documents out of stock and waste items following departmental procedures, ensures department sanitation, cleanliness and safety standards are met.
- Executes any other related duties as assigned.
Internal: Leadership and Management Teams, Sub Committees of the Board, All Departments.
External: Customers, Professional bodies, government authorities and regulatory bodies, suppliers/contractors and External Consultants.
- Three (3) CXC General Level Passes
- Certificate in Culinary Arts with a Specialization in Pastry
- Valid Food Badge
- A minimum of (2) Two years’ experience in a similar role.
- Supermarket/Restaurant experience
Knowledge of: Baking and reading and following recipes, baking tools and machinery,
- Communication (oral & written)
- Planning and organising
- Relationship management
- Customer Service
- Technical and Professional Skills
- Attention to detail, requires being careful and thorough about details, recognising the impact of decisions
- Results oriented, requires establishing and maintaining challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks
- Ability to use applicable bakery and kitchen equipment safely and according to manufacturer standards
- Ability to analyse and recommend improvements in the kitchen and menu, collect and interpret information, apply criteria, and make recommendations.
- Ability to follow standard recipes and produce product in accordance with the recipe
- This job operates in a professional kitchen environment. This role routinely uses commercial kitchen equipment
- Regularly exposed to hot and cold environments
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move products and supplies, up to 50 pounds.