PURPOSE: Provide technical support in the operations and maintenance of the ICT infrastructure. Responsible for installation and support of personal computers and related software; monitoring of the operations of the company IT and networking infrastructure. Leads on the installation of the computer room and networking infrastructure, responding to and addressing IT incident reports and requests for help.
- Recognizes when an IT system/network/personal computer has undergone a security attack or when a breach of security has occurred and takes immediate action to limit the damage.
- Installs or removes hardware and/or software, using defined installation instructions and tools; tests and corrects malfunctions, and documents results in accordance with the procedure; provides assistance to users in a professional manner following agreed procedures; and updates related maintenance and configuration records.
- Assists professional staff with the release and deployment of changes and updates to the live IT environments by administering the recording of activities and results; and assisting with early support activities such as providing support advice to initial users.
- Establishes ICT security system, investigates minor securities breaches with the IT infrastructure in accordance with established procedures, takes defined corrective action, and updates relevant security records and documentation.
- Performs regular backups and restores, and tracks offsite storage, according to agreed
- Support following agreed-on procedures and maintain relevant records.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or Information Technology
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in a similar role
- Ability to recognize and correct IT-based security breaches.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with
- Ability to interact positively with members of the stakeholders.